School Closing Policy for Inclement Weather — Bristol
Below is the Cable Academic and Vocational Education Center (CAVEC) closing policy in the event of inclement weather:
1. If a child's school district closes, she does not come to CJR that day. This will count as an excused absence but will not count against her in any way.
2. If the Bristol Public Schools close, CJR will also close. This school day will be made up at the end of the school year.
3. If a child's school district has a delayed opening, she will also have a delayed opening.
4. If the Bristol Public Schools are delayed, CJR will follow their schedule.
5. In the event of early dismissal due to inclement weather, a child's bus company will determine the time she is to be picked up at the CJR school.
NOTE: If a child's school district closes for any reason other than inclement weather, she must still come to school at the Connecticut Junior Republic.
For inquires regarding the CAVEC School Closing Policy for Inclement Weather, please contact James Obst, Director of Education and Student Services, at (860) 567-9423, ext. 211, or at email@example.com.