School Closing Policy for Inclement Weather — Litchfield
Below is the Cable Academic and Vocational Education Center (CAVEC) closing policy in the event of inclement weather:
1. If a child's school district closes, he does not come to CJR that day. This will count as an excused absence but will not count against him in any way.
2. If the Litchfield Public Schools close, CJR will also close. This school day will be made up at the end of the school year.
3. If a child's school district has a delayed opening, he will also have a delayed opening.
4. If the Litchfield Public Schools are delayed, CJR will follow their schedule.
5. In the event of early dismissal due to inclement weather, a child's bus company will determine the time he is to be picked up at the CJR school.
NOTE: If a child's school district closes for any reason other than inclement weather, he must still come to school at the Connecticut Junior Republic.
For inquires regarding the CAVEC School Closing Policy for Inclement Weather, please contact James Obst, Director of Education and Student Services, at (860) 567-9423, ext. 211, or at email@example.com.